Eldercare is a not-for-profit, values based organisation, operating 13 residential aged care facilities, across metropolitan Adelaide and country South Australia with over 1200 employees. Eldercare values staff with initiative and passion for providing excellence in service, based wholly around their residents.
Due to a restructure within Eldercare, the rostering function for the organisation is being centralised within the Head Office, located at Eastwood.
As the Roster Coordinator, you will have the combination of a “hands on” and leadership role ensuring the effective use of Eldercare staff in providing continuity of care to residents. Reporting to the Payroll Manager, you will be responsible for leading and supervising a team of Roster Schedulers, managing 24/7 roster for all sites and coordinating all functions within the team.
– Promote teamwork through leadership, support and performance feedback
– Deliver on-the-job training
– Participate actively in problem solving for scheduling difficulties
– Identify and implement improved efficiency in the rostering processes
– Prepare attendance/leave reports for Site Operations Managers and Business Managers
– Prepare and distribute schedules/rosters
– Ensure availability of replacement staff for periods of absence (planned/unplanned)
– Verify hours worked by site staff
– Coordinate casual relief pool for Care, Lifestyle, Nursing and Site Administration staff
– Ensure all staff details and training are updated
Skills and Experience
You will be highly regarded for your ability to provide leadership and the ability to develop a high performing team by bringing out the best in others.
Your skills and experience will include:
– Experience in managing complex rosters/scheduling preferably in a 24/7 roster
– Knowledge of award interpretation
– Excellent telephone manner and influence skills
– Engaging personality with strong listening and communication skills
– Excellent organisational skills and customer service focus
– Ability to build strong relationships
– High-level of personal accountability, resilience and integrity
– Knowledge of Aurion and/or Riteq software would be highly regarded
Eldercare offer a competitive salary package and the opportunity to work for one of South Australia’s leading aged care providers. You will also have access to staff benefits, including salary packaging, discounted corporate health insurance plans, ongoing training and professional development opportunities
If you are passionate about making a positive difference in people’s lives and enjoy the challenge that any newly created leadership role brings, please submit your cover letter and resume as one document. For further information, please contact Joanne Blackman on 0435 890 145.